Year 8 Camp 2016 Marsden Christian Camp

Year 8 Camp 2016
Marsden Christian Camp
13th - 15th Of April
Whangarei / Auckland

As I hopped on the bus I was so excited that I just wanted to burst out and scream. As I sat next to Marilyn she got so bored that she fell asleep, and left me talking to myself. The bus trip was very bumpy and a little scary at the same time. I was trying to wake Marilyn up but she was just snoring too much. As I was looking out the window it started pouring with rain and everyone was so excited like we were on the stratosfear, it was crazy. As I leaned back it was so relaxing that I got a 1 minute sleep or maybe it was just a 30 second sleep.

We finally arrived at Marsden Christian Camp, at Whangarei. It was really nice to see all the different features around the camp area. The first thing that I saw was the sandy Volleyball net, it was cool. The second thing I saw was the slippery water slide, I just wanted to jump on it and slide. We finally hopped out of the bus it was nice and cold outside than inside. We started grabbing all the gear out of the buses and putting them onto the deck. We then sat down quietly on the deck while Mrs tele’a introduces us to Michael & Venetia.

As Mrs Tele’a finished off her final sentence she then handed it over to Michael, so he could tell us all the amazing rules. Michael was talking and talking and then suddenly he took us to the Archery Course and then it poured with rain, it was raining so hard that we all ran back and took all the bags inside the dining hall. We were all soaking wet but luckily we went into the dining area and it wasn’t raining. Mrs tele’a gave us the next instructions because it started raining so we couldn’t do any activities that time, and also because everyone was hungry from that long bus drive. Mrs Tele'a instruction was that we could have morning tea in the dining hall and then  quietly take our bags to our cabins. Me and my friends just wanted to rush off to our cabins so we could get the best bunk. That night we watched Johnny English part 1. It was really cool and fun at the same time.

The next morning we played cool activities like Push Play, Fun 10,000, Water slide, Flying Fox & Also the amazing Kayaking. I was one of the leaders for Ruakaka B, and it was really awesome. The first activities my group had started doing were Fun 10,000, Push Play & Water Slide. I just wanted to go to the water slide because everyone was saying that it was nice and slippery and also that they had to use lots of soap and shampoo for the slide to make it more fun.  I also love Fun 10,000 because Miss Berry & Mrs Samuels had fun games in the lounge and also outside for us to play, but then when we were outside it started raining so we had to rush inside and play the game inside like Ping Pong, Monopoly, Chess, Cards and the other amazing games.

Camp was AWESOME, and I can’t wait to have another trip to an amazing camp with a Volleyball net and a slippery water slide. I just want to say a massive thank you to the amazing teachers that came along with us to this cool camp and also to our cool collective parents for just being they for us wherever we went. 




Thank you from Ruakaka A&B Leaders

Comments

  1. Wow, your camp sounded amazing! You must have had a good time. But it must have been annoying when it kept raining. Awesome story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tokelau Presentation - Social Studies

Reflection About 2015

Part 1 Beginning My Life