Capital Letter Explanation

Capitals - what are they and when do you use them in writing?


WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.


Have you ever used a capital? Well a capital letter is a letter of the alphabet that is bigger than the other letters. Another word for capital letters and small letters can be called upper case letters or lowercase letter.

Capital letters can be used for names of places , dates , names. You can also use an uppercase letter at the beginning or a sentence or after a full stop. Uppercase letter can also be used names of books , authors , shops , brands and also TV programs.  I will  give you some examples , well hi my name is May , I live at Glen Innes , which is in Auckland , New Zealand , my favourite author is David Williams and my favourite story from him is Mr Stink. My favorite TV program is Good Luck Charlie.
  
Some capital letters don't look the same some are bigger than the others and some are smaller than the bigger ones. Capital letters are letters that start from the top of the line to the bottom . A capital letter is a big letter another word for capital letter is uppercase.
Did you know there is another word or saying for Capital letter. The other word or saying for capital’s is uppercase and lowercase. Uppercase is another saying for capital letters and lowercase is another saying for the little letter , not the little letters the big letters.

I am just going to name some amazing words that you can use with a capital letter (uppercase)
All these words that I have showed , and written for you has a CAPITAL LETTER , as you can see I have just came up with random words that just came to my head and I knew it started with a CAPITAL LETTER so I just wrote it down. As you can see on the 7th line I have gave you an example , it says I , I’ve , I’ll , I’m those are some examples I could give to you that starts or has a CAPITAL LETTER.
  • Christmas
  • Summer
  • August
  • Easter
  • Holidays
  • Green
  • I , I’ve , I’ll , I’m
  • Country Road
  • Pt England School

You need a CAPITAL LETTER because if you wrote a story with no CAPITAL LETTERS no one could understand you story and they might be thinking what ..... what are you talking about. You also need a CAPITAL LETTER maybe if you have came from overseas and you don't know that much english you can learn some english and thats when you realise you need CAPITAL LETTERS. CAPITAL LETTER can also save your life with a work , job , university lots of stuff CAPITALS can help you alot.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokelau Presentation - Social Studies

Reflection About 2015

Part 1 Beginning My Life