Future Aspiration Day

Future Aspiration Day

Yesterday morning we had some special visitors coming to have a little korero with us year 7 & 8's. We had to go to our home class's and then come back to the Street at 9.30. When we got split into our Home Class's I was walking to my desk and wondering what are they going to look like? , what are they going to talk about? , have I seen them before? Then I also thought to myself what are they going to talk about? After my little day dream my lovely teacher Mrs Moala said to us "Room 4 come and sit on the mat" and then we went and sat on the mat. She then said to us lets watch some of these videos of the special visitors that are going to come. We were watching and then it started getting exciting and to me it felt like they were in front of us already but "NO" it was just the screen. Here is where my amazing day begins.

It was finally 9.30 so all the Year 7 & 8's had to go out into the street. We were sitting and sitting then they finally came. I was so excited like it was my favourite singer but I was like never mind but one of them reminded me of my dad. We actually meet three special guests and on of them had already been to our school but he is still a special guest. They had came and sat down and first Mr Burt came and had his first korero with us and introduced them to us. A while after Mr Burt had his korero he first introduced us to the Mr Patterson. Mr Patterson is the one that I said he has already been to our school but he is still a special visitor. When Mr Burt introduced Mr Patterson , Mr Patterson came up and Mr Burt went down it was like a swapzies thing. Mr Patterson talked us through alot of amazing stuff. The thing that caught my attention that most was the five quotes he explained to us. It wasen't because I just love quotes it's because I love the words in it and I love what it teachs us kids. Sorry I can't get up the quotes but I think you already have a picture in my head.

The reason why this caught my attention was because of the "QUOTES." The quotes are all about trying your best , never give up & also discovering the world. Discovering the world means , if someone tells you to do something else just go for what your hearts says not your friends or your mind but your heart , some people also says just follow your dream because you never know when our father in heaven calls for you and then you past away and you haven't even discovered the world ,  so thats why its better to discover the world now before its to late. Mr Patterson finished his korero and he introduced us to one of the other special visitors.

The other special visitor came up and introduced himself and you know who it was it was the "SAND MAN" thats what people call him because he is a professional artist but not the drawing artist the sand artist. So he came up and said that his name was Marcus Winter. Marcus Winter has also taught us alot with his speaking and also the things he does with us. The thing that touched me the most about Marcus Winter was also one of the three quotes he told us and also taught us so the quotes that I got touched by was the quote that goes like this. "Bro - You just got bounced , Learn how to bounce back." This quote is based on yourself and it's about if you tried something and it is your first time or something and you failed then your friends will be like to you "Bro or Sis - You just got bounced" Bounced is a word that means you failed or you just got rejected. The final little piece at the bottle says "Learn how to bounce back." Learn how to bounce back means or stands for , If you got rejected by something or someone learn how to just ignore it and just keep trying and trying till you know you are a champion. Even though Marcus is a Artist he is also a good person that touch's people's hearts. The thing that I love about Marcus is the small dance he taught us today was amazing and also funny but cool at the same time. I never knew Marcus could dance ,  to be honest I never knew. His dance that he taught us was "Bruno Mars , Uptown Funk" Do you know line of that song that says "Don't believe me just watch" well that piece was that quote for the song. He showed us the moves first and then we had to stand up and do the moves too. We stood up and the moves were very easy to pick up and do. We tried it 1 time , 2 times and then ended up 3 times. Marcus Winter is amazing at alot of stuff not just Art :) haha and do you know who I said looks like my dad .... well it was Marcus Winter hahaha!!

We are now going to the last but not least special guest. Wen we heard " Please put your hands together and a round of a pluse for Louis Gordon - Latty.
He was talking about how he became what he is right now and how he loved playing basketball when he was little ever since now. His favorite sport is of course Basketball. He has his on company called Glory League. His job is playing Basketball and taking snaps of other famous people playing Basketball. He has also taught me some stuff but my favourite has to be when he showed us the video of him getting a score , that is my favourite.

I hope you enjoyed my writing cause I enjoyed this mornings korero. Some of the things they said has gave me alot of good feelings and some stuff also to work on and some stuff that I want to become when I grow older and older. I just want to say a shout out to those special guests that came this morning and had that small chat with us. It has been a pleasure seeing more faces coming into our block. Also to all the teachers and Mr and Mrs Burt for creating lots of amazing stuff for us.Hope you enjoy reading my small but sharp writing:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tokelau Presentation - Social Studies

Part 1 Beginning My Life

32 Interesting facts about Me